About GP Department
The mission of the KSS General Practice Deanery, as part of the NHS, is to enhance the quality of healthcare.
We aim to do this by continually improving the management and provision of supportive, quality-assured medical professionals, and through the education and development of doctors and dentists and, where appropriate, the wider workforce.
Message from the GP Dean
Welcome to the KSS GP Deanery website. The GP Deanery, which is an integral part of the Postgraduate Deanery for KSS, covers the counties of Kent, Surrey and Sussex. This is a densely populated part of the South East which benefits from its proximity to London, good rail links, and several areas of natural beauty including a long and ever-changing coast line.
On this website you will be able to find information about:
- Run-through Training programmes for General Practice
- Your career choices and opportunities when you have qualified as a GP
- How you can be supported as a practising GP
- How to become a GP trainer or clinical supervisor
- Information about the Deanery, the members of the office, the Dean and Associate GP Deans, and the wider Deanery Team, including how to contact us.
Although the main role of the GP Deanery is to support the recruitment and retention of doctors in general practice, it also has an active and vigorous part to play in many of the processes that support primary care, particularly those of continuing professional development. To that end it has established strong links with the Primary Care Organisations, the South East Coastal Strategic Health Authority and also with the Universities in the counties that it covers.
We would be pleased to hear your views on the GP site. We would also like to hear from you if you feel there are areas we should improve on, or areas you feel we have altogether missed out!
Professor Abdol Tavabie, Postgraduate GP Dean
Find out more about the GP Deanery
- GP School Prospectus 2010 - download
- KSS Deanery business plan - download
- GP Annual Report - download
- Meet the GP Deanery team
- Meet the GP Administration team
- GP Programme Directors
- GP Tutors
- The GP School
- A Year in Review 2010