- Palliative care
- General medicine (sometimes with emphasis on managing common conditions such as cardiac and endocrine)
- Care of the elderly (including a combined orthopaedic and geriatric post)
- A wide variety of Psychiatry posts
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Dermatology and a number of surgical posts that are tailored to the GP Curriculum
We recognise that normally in any GP training programme it is not possible to include all the posts that cover every area of the GP curriculum and so the HEKSS GP School has organised a number of Integrated Training posts.
These posts are based in GP but provide additional time during the week (normally three days) attached to another speciality, clinic or primary care envoronment. Doctors working in these posts have indicated how valuable they find them.
The GP School is developing some very innovative placements in health care management in East Kent and Coastal Primary Care Trust for GP trainees in the East Kent Scheme.
This will give an excellent opportunity for GP Trainees to have exposure to and learn about health care management and commissioning, primary care service structure, epidemiology and research and management in primary care (amongst many other areas).
This will be a first for GP training, a significant development for HEKSS and will give those GP trainees in East Kent who get the chance to do this a great opportunity for developing management and leadership knowledge and skills that will stand them in good stead in their future careers.